Sunday, June 30, 2013

Lazy Sunday Post

Ok, so this isn't a missed connection, but you have to admit it is freaking amazing. This is how you sell a motorcycle in Philly.

 For Sale: 2006 Ninja 650R Track Bike and Spares - $3500 (SW Philly)
Asking $3500. Comes with the Pit Bull rear stand and a spare set of bodywork in the same colors.Bill of Sale / Track Only -- Unless you care to go through the
trouble of getting a title I'm getting married in a month, and need the cash to pay for the honeymoon. So you'll have the honor of paying for my lady and myself to get the fuck out of Philly for a time, and if sex tapes are made you might get first dibs ;) The alternative is possibly naming the child conceived after you -- if your name doesn't suck.

I bought this machine approximately two months before I lost my job, while I was living the easy life of single, rent free parental housing. Also, approximately one month after I met the most awful woman ever to walk the face of the Earth. Goodbye disposable income, hello instant regret. Buried in the garage we go!

Took a few months, but I got a new start in a new city. The new job would give me disposable income, if I were still single, and if rent didn't suck ass. Needless to say, I have had no time and no cash to play with my wondrous "new" toy. Continue this for two years. Finally, hello amazing one night stand, goodbye psychotic ex! That one-night stand became a hell of a lot more than either of us ever imagined, and now it's going to be a lifetime. Now this isn't like some guys, who are forced out of their pride and joy. . . I'm keeping my street bike, and you'll pry the bars from my cold, dead hands.

On to the bike. . .
• 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
• 3550 miles
• Safety wired to CCS/WERA rulebook
• Two sets of Cheetah race bodywork
• Wearing the same track take-offs it wore the day I bought it
• Sitting on / comes with a Pitbull rear stand
• I've been inside the cases to check things out, and it's spotless
• No Title / No registration / No Insurance -- I bought it for a track bike
• Penske Rear Shock set for ~190 lb rider
• Preload adjustors, Traxxion Dynamics front springs, Racetech cartridge emulators
• Billet Aluminum Aftermarket levers
• Billet Aluminum Woodcraft rearsets
• Arrow aftermarket exhaust (silencer not installed, but included)
• Hyper Naked aftermarket bars
• Power CommanderJust installed a new battery - the original went flat after sitting in the garage for almost three years. Cranks right up and runs beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment