Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What's Wrong With My Flip Phone?


What's wrong with my flip phone? That's the question I ask you. Everyone who sees it have this amazed look on their face as if they didn't think it existed. My friend always tries to get me to switch to an iPhone and my roommate mocks me everytime I whip it out (the phone people get your minds out the gutter.) A lady the other day said to me "Dude, how old is your phone?" She was born before cell phones were invented!

So am I being stubborn? Why don't I just upgrade to a new phone? The reason is because I don't have to but it is getting tougher everyday. I saw three guys with flip phones in the past month and they were probably old enough to be my dad. In an age when babies are handed smart phones out of the birth canal it does seem weird that I don't get with the program.

Do you think I'm being stupid for not joining the cool kids or do you agree with me that I could do what I want? I actually have to explain to people why I still carry that phone around. Feels like I just stole something and just got put on the witness stand.

Sidenote: For those wondering, yes, that is my phone in the pic above and it get's the job done. But then again women don't flock to me, so maybe I should get rid of the vagina repellent.


1 comment:

  1. Listen, I don't exactly mock you. I just point at it and laugh because it reminds of me the good times.

    Here's how I look at it. Smart phones are pretty cheap these days (some are free), so why not get one? You don't need the latest model. Sure you need a data plan, but you don't have to buy anything crazy either.

    Google Maps will be your savior. You don't have to ask people where things are anymore! Lord knows you still need to think about it when I say, "Go to 7th St and 9th ave." Plus you can find out where all the good eats are.

    ReplyDelete